Casstrom Lars Falt Knife Curly Birch Handle
With Lars Falts experience of what works in the wilderness and Casstroms knowledge of making knives, we knew we were onto a winner with the Lars Falt knife.
If you want a knife for your next wilderness trip, then look no further.This is a knife that isn't afraid of tough work, and will still look great at the end of the day.
The Scandinavian grind lends itself well to outdoor tasks and remains easy to sharpen in the field.
Lars Falt Knife:
- Hand-finished oiled Curly Birch handle with an ergonomic design that gives the warm and comfortable feeling of natural wood.
- Sturdy welted sheath in vegetable-tanned European leather with a draining hole.
- Blade in premium Sleipner steel from Swedish company Uddeholm that holds an edge well even during very hard use such as wood splitting.
- Scandinavian grind, along with the steel properties, makes the knife robust, effective for wood carving, and easy to sharpen in the outdoors.
- Grind: Scandinavian grind
- Handle: Curly Birch (from sustainable forestry), black liners, brass hardware
- Measurements: Total 23 cm / Blade 115 x 29 x 4 mm
- Sheath: Vegetable Tanned leather (European)
- Steel: Uddeholm Sleipner (Non-stainless), 59-60 HRC
- Warranty: 25 years
About Lars Falt;
Lars Falt is internationally regarded as one of the foremost experts in wilderness and survival skills. A large part of Lars life has been about bushcraft and survival. He founded the Swedish Armed Forces Survival School and was in charge there for many years. His interest in outdoor pursuits, survival and knives came early during his military career.
Lars Falt has extensive experience as an instructor with airborne units of the Swedish armed forces and has trained with British and US Special Forces.
He has also participated as an instructor with other overseas armed forces in terrain as varied as the Canadian arctic through to the Australian outback.
Whilst working with indigenous peoples in different parts of the world, Lars has developed a profound respect for their knowledge and view of life. Many of these contacts have followed Lars Falt throughout his life, and provided an important
source of knowledge and inspiration for the development and adaptation of survival techniques.
With the ending of his military career, Lars concentrated his efforts on spreading knowledge about the wilderness and survival techniques to the general public through education, lectures and the publication of a number of books.
It is illegal to supply a knife to anyone under the age of 18. Woodland Ways actively checks the details of all orders for knives, and other edged items. You will be asked to provide proof of age in the form of a photocopy of your drivers licence or passport. Please include your phone number with your order to avoid any delay in us contacting you.