Please read these terms & conditions before purchasing any goods or courses.
These terms & conditions form the basis of the contract between Woodland Ways Ltd. and the client (this includes the person signing the booking form if the transaction includes a course) and cannot be varied, unless in writing by Woodland Ways Ltd.
By placing an online order with Woodland Ways Ltd the client verifies that the client is over 18 years of age.
Throughout this document, goods refer to physical products sold through the website (e.g. books, hammocks etc) and courses refers to courses being sold through the website. Please note there are further terms and conditions relating to courses for example course sales, conduct of participants etc, and these are outlined below.
DESCRIPTION AND PRICE OF GOODS AND COURSES
All descriptions and prices for items are correct and applicable at the point of sale. Woodland Ways Ltd retains the right to change descriptions and prices as required.
All photographs and descriptions of items are designed to show a true representation of the good or course. They however do not form part of the contract between Woodland Ways Ltd and the client.
All goods and courses are sold subject to availability. Any goods and courses sold that are not available will entitle the client to a full refund within 14 working days, (although we would aspire to refund you immediately subject to security checks).
Woodland Ways Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or injury resulting from the use of any good sold from this website. Knowledge of and adherence to local laws and or statutes is the responsibility of the client.
There is no contract between Woodland Ways Ltd and the client until Woodland Ways Ltd has received your order and you have received a confirmation email back to the address you provide.
Woodland Ways Ltd reserves the right to refuse to accept orders from individuals or companies without further explanation.
Woodland Ways Ltd, its employees and other agents shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including loss of profit or any other form of compensation.
Woodland Ways reserves the right to change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales, all changes will be made available for clients and potential clients to see on this website under the terms and conditions section.
Items are normally despatched within 48 hours Monday to Friday. If you require urgent delivery of goods at an additional cost to yourself please contact us. All items ordered will be posted to the address requested at the time of ordering, and cannot be changed afterwards to a different address.
If there is any problem with your goods that relate to a manufacturing fault Woodland Ways Ltd will replace the damaged or defective items. If no replacements are available Woodland Ways Ltd will be pleased to offer a refund. (Please refer to course terms and conditions below for course complaints information). This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note these course terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions outlined above. The course terms and conditions continue to form the basis of the contract between Woodland Ways Ltd and the client.
Course participants must be over 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult and agreed with Woodland Ways Ltd. Course participants must have a good standard of general fitness. Woodland Ways Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any losses incurred as a result of failure of clients to disclose medical conditions.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
1. Booking will be confirmed on receipt of a booking form/online payment or payment in the centre with full payment (if course begins within 6 weeks), or a minimum deposit of 20% of the full course fee. Some higher value courses demand a higher non returnable deposit due to the costs in marketing and operating the booking.
2. All payments must be cleared before booking is confirmed, and the course must be paid for in full 6 weeks prior to the start date of the course.
3. Woodland Ways Ltd. reserves the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
4. In relation to a group booking a non refundable deposit will be taken appropriate to group size to secure your booking.
5. A contract is entered into with the person who is attending the course upon confirmation of the booking, this booking is non transferable and charges will apply as outlined below if cancelled. Courses may not be re-sold or transferred to others in any manner.
CANCELLATION BY CLIENT
1. If the client cancels for any reason up to 6 weeks before the start date of the course, the deposit will not be refunded.
2. If the client does not pay the balance of the course fee within 6 weeks of the start date of the course, Woodland Ways Ltd. will consider the client to have cancelled.
3. If the client cancels between 6 weeks and 4 weeks before the start of the course, then 50% of the full payment will be forfeited. If the client cancels less than four weeks before the start of the course then 100% of the course fee will be forfeited.
4. Cancelation of gift vouchers can only be refunded within 7 days of purchase and refunded to the client, who may not be the voucher holder.
5. The client acknowledges that such cancellation charges are reasonable due the need of Woodland Ways Ltd. to make substantial preparations in advance.
CANCELLATION AND ALTERATIONS BY WOODLAND WAYS LTD
While Woodland Ways Ltd. will make every effort to run the courses as scheduled there may be circumstances (e.g. extreme weather conditions) when we are forced to cancel a course. In these circumstances, a full refund will be given, or an alternative date will be offered.
1. Woodland Ways Ltd. expects its clients to behave in a safe and reasonable manner throughout the course, and not to jeopardise the enjoyment or the safety of other course participants. In particular:
2. No alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted, and clients must not be intoxicated at any time during the course.
3. Clients are responsible for bringing adequate clothing and equipment to the course, as per the Kit List, which will be sent to all clients prior to the course.
4. Clients must comply with all reasonable instructions and directions from the Instructors, and in particular no knives must be used until the Instructors are satisfied that the clients have been fully instructed in knife safety.
5. No fires are to be lit without the express consent of the Instructors, and fires must not be left unattended at any time.
6. Clients are requested to respect and to follow Woodland Ways Ltd's Environmental Policy.
7. Clients are responsible for any equipment issued to them during the course, and will be liable for loss or breakage. All equipment must be handed back in the same condition it was issued in.
Failure to comply with the above may result in removal from the course, without refund, and Woodland Ways Ltd. will not be liable for any subsequent losses.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
1. Woodland Ways Ltd. has £10,000,000 Employers Liability Insurance, £5,000,000 of Public Liability Insurance and £100,000 errors and omissions insurance with a reputable Outdoors Activities insurer; a copy of the Insurance Certificate can be provided on request.
2. The courses take place in a variety of habitats, and the client acknowledges that these environments are never completely hazard free. While Woodland Ways Ltd. makes every effort to minimise risks, we will not be held liable for accidents, mishaps or losses that are not a result of negligence on the part of Woodland Ways Ltd., or for any accidents or losses which are due to client's failure to follow the instructions of the Instructors.
3. Woodland Ways Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any losses or damage to clients' personal belongings, clothing, money or vehicles.
4. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that they at arrive at the designated meeting point in a timely manner in order to be able to join the course.
5. Therefore Woodland Ways Ltd. recommends that clients consider taking out their own personal insurance if they require it.
6. Woodland Ways Ltd. will not be responsible for any accidents or mishaps occurring to third parties taught by attendees of any Woodland Ways Ltd. course.
Any Complaints should be directed in the first instance to the Instructors during the course, so that the issues can be resolved at the time. Any complaints that arise after the end of the course must be put in writing to Woodland Ways Ltd. within 28 days of the end of the course. Woodland Ways Ltd. will not be liable for in respect of any complaints received after this time.
The Client agrees that any photographs taken by the Instructors during the course may be used by Woodland Ways Ltd. in promotional material, either printed or on the Internet.